I have a piece in this gallery! Changes: A/NT Gallery’s 25th Anniversary Celebration
Come one, come all to celebrate A/NT Gallery’s 25th year in operation as Seattle’s oldest all-volunteer non-profit gallery. We’re having a big bash to celebrate.
This exhibit will run from October 5-27, 2013, with an opening reception (PARTY!!!!) on October 5 from 6:00 – 10:00pm.
Here’s what’s going down:
The FUN stuff:
* Costume Contest. That’s right, it’s October, and it’s close (enough) to Halloween. And the celebration is about “Changes.” So this is a big excuse to dress up and look different. Be different, too. Whether you want to be a super hero, a historical reenactment, or come in drag, bring your costume. We’ll have a prize for the coolest transformation.
* Photo Booth. Rich Mann will be set up to take portraits. It’ll be free for a little portrait of yourself, but you can pay a bit more for a good sized picture. And, well, if you come in costume, you’re going to want a picture of yourself, aren’t you? Just imagine this is the strangest prom ever.
* Music. We’re going to have this folk singer who does a killer Bob Dylan impersonation. Of course, he’ll sing “The Times They Are a Changin'” along with some other folk stuff. And we’ll have a DJ.
* Wine. Enough said.
The ART Stuff:
* “Changes: 25 Years Off the Beaten Path” – This will be the juried show in the Sub-T room this month. Artists from around the world have submitted, and we plan on having an excellent spectrum of art, including painting, photography, and 3D media. Curated by Aubry Kae Andersen, local Seattle artist and board member of A/NT. The jurors are: Zachary Sofia, Seattle art agent and master of the local underground scene; Julie Baroh, co-founder of the illustrious Krab Jab Studios; and Tracy Cilona, co-owner of West Seattle’s Twilight Gallery and Boutique.
* Monthly Show. A/NT’s members will be showing their work through the rest of the gallery.
* Silent Auction. We’ll have some art donated for a silent auction. Get some good art for cheap. Proceeds will go toward A/NT Gallery.
* 10% off on all art sales. See some good art at the gallery? You’ll get 10% off. Just like that. Doesn’t matter if it’s $50 or $5000, you’ll get a discount. (Excludes gift shop items and silent auction.) https://www.facebook.com/events/155735314630414/